The Skenesborough Museum was founded in 1959 during the town of Whitehall’s 200th (bicentennial) anniversary. The building it occupies is a 1917 reinforced concrete Canal Terminal building. It was later used as a town shed before NYS planned to demolish it.
June 28th, 1959 it was dedicated and in 1960 the town received permission to use the building as long as it remain a museum.¹
While this site is operated by people indirectly affiliated with the Museum, we cannot offer any direct hours, or questions answered through this site. We recommend contacting the Museum directly, at the numbers listed below.
Telephone: 518 499-0716/1155
¹ As Per Doris B. Morton Archive: Bicentennial and Dedication – Whitehall Times – July 1, 1976