In May 1870 an inquiring person around town asked why the libraries of the old
Academy and that of the Y.M.C.A. were housed in a farm house outside the village risen download full version for free.
Investigation found that in 1865 when the Academy was sold by mortgage foreclosure.
A. C. Cooke purchased it and was in possession of the library and laboratory equipment photos online.
He took the materials to his farm, then on the site of the present Methodist Church.
When the Y.M.C.A. was organized the collection was sent there with the books in a
suitable bookcase downloaden kijk.nl. When these rooms were given up, R. C. Cook took possession of
them until the Opera House was ready to receive them. However the Opera House was
not ready at that time but the new school was torrentsen op ipad. This would make the statement that the
library and laboratory equipment of the Academy went to the new high school.
Doris B. Morton, Town Historian – Whitehall Times – June 23, 1988